The American Diabetic Diet is Self-Defeating



The other day when I was checking out at the grocery store with my cart of mostly raw unprocessed food I glanced at the magazine rack in the checkout line. There must have been a half dozen magazines dedicated to managing diabetes.

One of the magazine covers featured a chocolate cake with the title “Treat Diabetes, have Cake Tonight”. Now while I'm not saying eating cake is a mortal sin, this idea that our diet should just get us under our dietary limit is at the very best counter productive.

This idea that if I limit each meal to 500 calories and only 65 carbs that I'll be fine because that's what the ADA recommends is crazy talk in my book. Many days I go way beyond the standard American dietary recommendation. High carb and high fiber diet works for me. Will it work for everyone? Most Likely! but will they implement it? Probably not.

If the ADA had any balls in their pocket they would get rid of their Draconian food pyramid and step into the future. Will they? Not a chance. It has been the standard consensus to feed your body with processed food (watered down gasoline if you ask me) that is just safe enough not to kills us but on the other hand just keeping us barely alive.

I can tell you that anyone who has simple non-complex carbs (ADA recommends this) for the building block of their diet is setup for failure.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Walgreens Printable Coupons
Click to save on quality supplements!