Sticking for no reason?


I recently read an interesting news item from the Times Colonist out of Canada that would suggest that most Diabetics are over sticking themselves when it comes to there glucose monitoring. However it should be noted that Type 1 diabetics and others that have high blood glucose sensitivity should test more often or as recommended by their doctor.

The article would suggest that a net amount of 10 million dollars is wasted every year (in Canada) on test strips. This brings up a good point. How much is too much when it comes to your own testing?
When I was first diagnosed with type 2 diabetes I tested up to 4-5 times a day, for no good reason really.
I would test and find slightly elevated blood sugar. I would get depressed and have a lot of anxiety. Which only raised my blood pressure and lowered my general health and well being.

In the end the testing itself became the problem. Today I test my blood sugar levels once a day and that's when I'm picky. Once in the morning and once in the evening (two hours after meals) rotated every other day.

I would only suggest that if you are having a hard time with testing alone then maybe your simply over doing it. Ask your doctor of course but also ask yourself is it my blood sugar that's the problem or the obsession of reaching the perfect number?









 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Walgreens Printable Coupons
Click to save on quality supplements!